Our selection of the best martech resources for platform and tools training, websites, books and podcasts.
As the martech industry evolves its never been more important to keep your skills sharp.
Martech training varies based on role and responsibility over martech, this playbook focuses on improving platform/tool specialisation.
For platform specialisation, we recommend you take the following training approach:
- Gain certifications of all the existing platforms/tools that you use in your role. If there is a fee for the certification and you already partner with this vendor, check to see if this is included in your partnership as many of these certifications costs are waived for customers.
- Every year request your employer invests in martech training for yourself and your team.
- In addition to your employer’s training, complete at least 1 x self-funded training course each year. This means spending potentially a few hundred to several thousand dollars to invest in your martech skills - but it's worth it! Just make sure to claim any tax deductions where possible!
- Don't forget to subscribe to Martech Playbooks 😍
This approach guarantees that you are capable of doing your role well, you are creating maximum value for your employer, and constantly growing in-demand martech skills despite any possible restrictions.
Here is a list of some of the most common training and certifications in marketing technology:
Martech and Marketing Operations
Enterprise Marketing Clouds and Monolith platforms
- Salesforce certifications
- Google Marketing certifications
- Adobe certifications
- IBM certifications
- Microsoft certifications
- Oracle certifications
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications
- Hubspot certifications
- SAS certifications
Customer Data Platforms
- Acqiua AgilOne
- Cheetah Digital
- Commanders Act
- mParticle partner certification
Customer Relationship Management
SEM / SEO
Data and analytics
Marketing Artificial Intelligence
Online Educational Training and Institutes
- Vex Power
- Nielsen Norman Group (UX training)
- Learning Experience Association
- General Assembly
- Xi Academy
- Coder Academy
What are some great martech books?
- Hacking Marketing – Scott Brinker
- O’Reilly Media Books – Various (We recommend Fundamentals of Data Engineering, Fundamentals of Software Architecture).
- The Martech Handbook – Darrell Alfonso
- Customer Data Platforms – Martin Kihn and Chris O’Hara
What martech websites are worth following?
What about martech podcasts?
- The Humans of Martech
- The MarTech Podcast
- Making Sense of Martech
- Martech Masters
See your course or platform and think it should be included?
Get in touch or comment below!